Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Man, you can tell the sign of a dying blog by how many posts start out "Wow, I haven't updated much lately..." but it's been 5 years, so I think what I say here isn't going to matter either way.

Just... geez. I forgot all about this thing until I saw a link to it on my Livejournal, which I only use rarely. It's kinda weird but cool being able to read about my thoughts from '09 and earlier, since I don't really remember a lot from then. Also kind of surreal.

I'd say I'm posting an update for your benefit, dear reader, but I don't think you exist aside from possibly a Future Me, maybe 5 years from now. Haha. Might as well post the highlights reel of the last 5 years, or at least of where I am right now.

Let's see, for one thing, I'm pretty gay. Also pretty nonChristian. (Call myself agnostic but lean atheist.) So yeah, really weird to see my posts from just a year or so before I started questioning all that. Religion, anyway; I didn't have a clue about my orientation until I was 17, and I'm 21 now. Hah... geez, this blog is super old.

Uhh, I've got some tattoos that I didn't have the last time I wrote this. Loved and lost and all that in the meantime. I'm about to graduate university with a BS in Psychology and a minor in Anthropology, and my current pipe dream is to go teach English in Japan, though that's such a distant hope that I haven't trained for, it seems silly to plan for it like I am. I've been living in Florida for the last three and a half years, though, and that seemed distant and impossible when I'd only lived in Illinois, I guess...

Oh, and I've been the proud owner of a lovely cat named Bastet for the last two years.

Most of my writing isn't fanfiction or original, sadly--it's roleplay writing online, which is probably even worse in terms of practicality or nerdiness. But I've had /that/ blog for three or four years altogether and wow that's weird to think about.

No comments: