Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Read the title.

I saw it when it was first released, but rewatched and fell in love with it all over again. *sighs in ecstasy*

As I told my friend the HK-47 assassin droid:

It's a movie of a supervillain (who has his own blog) named Dr. Horrible, who has a crush on a girl at the local laundromat. He's almost made audio communication while working on his freeze ray (his goal? To stop time to find the words to tell the girl how he feels) when, in the direct aftermath of his crime, he inadvertently introduces his dream girl to his archenemy, Captain Hammer, who is the biggest, most egotistical jerk you'll ever meet but who is hailed by all as a hero. [Many] very funny parts, some heart-wrenching parts, few bad words, and a bit of sexual references for humor's sake, but a wonderful movie. Also a musical, hence the sing-along part.


One of the best movies I have ever watched. I highly recommend it- but not for young children. Not too much bad stuff in there (certainly not enough for an R rating!!!) but two or three references might make you want to cover the little ones' ears. Those parts I didn't like. But, oh, the rest was excellent!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I. Love. Dr. Horrible.

*gets all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it*

Hey, thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it. Consider your (highly amusing) blog tagged and followed by little ol' me. :D

Donne said...

Hey, sure! Thanks for the comment and tag!

*faints with adoration when she thinks of Dr. Horrible*

Actually how I found your blog- clicked on my profile "Movie" link, saw a list of other that liked it, saw you, and... yeah.

*huggles Billy*

-Had to post this after dinner and after valiantly dueling Google's red tape, since it automatically logged me out when I was writing this and my supposed password was incorrect. Ugh.