Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jerk-y or Quirky?

Yes, even I have relationship issues.

The boy (now known as "Freddy") snipes at me. I pass him in the hall and he glares at me. I was convinced that he hates me- my "advisers" say he's crushing. ?

Our first meeting was in class, where I sat down at an empty two-seat table. A random person came and sat next to me. Soon, Freddy came by and told me the seat was his. I thought him rude and crisply replied, "Well, I didn't know we had assigned seats," and moved. Soon after, a seating chart was instilled and Freddy was moved... across the aisle from me. We are now literally about 4 feet apart every class.

Freddy often snaps at me for doing regular things. "Stop doodling!" "Stop staring at me!" (when I wasn't) "I wasn't talking to you!!!" "Stop it!"

However (and this is where it gets complicated), he was talking with some friends of his, girls, (now known as Prez and Kin) when Prez, who likes to involve everybody, initiated me into the conversation. Soon, though, out of nowhere, one of them said, "'Freddy' likes you!"

Immediately Freddy started banging his head on the table and groaning as I gave Prez and Kin a level look. "Uh- HUH."

They continued to press their point and insisted that I should ask Freddy to the Sadie Hawkin's dance while Freddy moaned in agony. I gave a noncommittal and slightly creeped-out answer and turned away. I heard Freddy comment to Prez and Kin, "I wouldn't go with her anyway."

Today I was doing a diagram in my notes when Freddy ejaculated, "Stop it!"

I looked up. "Stop what?"

"Drawing!"

I looked down at the diagram and held it up. "I wasn't drawing, I was doing a diagram for Biology. See?"

Freddy, if memory holds, huffed and I went back to my work, undeterred.

Freddy's not too bad on the eyes, if you know what I mean, but I dislike him despite it. He jokes around with Prez and Kin and his other friends but seems dead serious with me.

I can't figure out if/why he hates me or if he has a killer poker face.

According to my "advisers", as stated before, "Freddy" is crushing on me and I should joke around with him instead of "hurting his feelings". It seems to me that he doesn't care much about what I think. :P

Any sensical comments?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most obvious one seems to be "ignore him". Sounds like a bit of a ass.

If your "advisers" are correct, he could be could doing it as a way to interact with you. Not a good way, but maybe he doesn't know better.

He just sounds like a pain, though.

Donne said...

I don't like cursing but appreciate the advice. I'll try to ignore him mean comments while not ignoring HIM- that should be enough of a compromise, correct?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cursing. Sounds like a good idea, but could be difficult. Probably the best way.

Donne said...

Sure. Thankee. :)

Gar, I just used a smiley while not on a message board! I'm trying to kick the habit.