Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The 411

Ooh. Eegh. I really haven't updated on here much at all lately, have I?

I guess I can give the down-low. For the past week or so I've had a head cold or something, which has given me time to read Stephenie Meyer's horror/sci-fi/whatever/non-Twilight book The Host. Some parts of it were creepy, but some were beautiful and it had a happy ending. A part I liked, a chunk I didn't, but we can't have everything now, can we? New Moon finally came in at the library, and now that I've actually read the rest of the Twilight series, I'm rereading it so I can understand it. And before everyone grabs their pitchforks and hunts me down, I'll say it: It's true; I do like Twilight. I'm not a fanatic, I don't have a crush on Edward, I'm not in love with Jacob, and I realize that, in real life, some aspects of the relationship could be viewed as unhealthy. As my mom commented, it's not abusive because it's reciprocated in both ways. Yet Bella and Edward's relationship remains complete and utter fiction.

But anyway, since I've been sick, I've missed my play practices (did I mention that I'm in a corny-comedy version of The Hobbit?) and some assignments, although I'm half-caught-up. Also, I've been writing more fanfiction more regularly lately. Specifically, my Dr. Horrible fanfiction "Going Against the Grain." Unfortunately, Billy there needs a spectacular plan, and with my brain fizzed out, I'm not providing it. You could call it Writer's Block, although it's more like a brick wall: once I'm over, it's clear sailing.
Hm. Blocks, brick walls, going over something, and sailing. I need to work on my metaphors.

As for the infamous "Freddy," well, there's nothing to report but nothing. I don't know whether I should be upset or relieved, but he finally seems to have lost interest in me. I don't have a crush on him, but still, it'd be nice to know if I look horrible or something now.
Heh, Horrible. I seem to be attracted to fandoms that require disclaimers for a lot of words that invoke lazy puns. Horrible, Moist, Impossible, Possible, Unstoppable, Stoppable, Will Do, She Goes... and those are just the ones from Horrible and Kim Possible.

Speaking of guys, I have had weird stuff happening in my head lately.
So what else is new?
I mean hormoney stuff. Like I want a boyfriend. Weird, right? And I mean with all his clothes on, but for kissing and hugging and stuff.
Bleah.
So there are two guys right now whom I see everyday-ish, both of whom I'm interested in, but not butterfly-in-my-stomach interested, yet. One guy is not handsome per say, but he's really sweet, and I think he's kind of shy, and seems like the kind of person who I'd like to get--
*facepalm* Just stop right now.
Right, anyway. He smiled at me at lunch today. ^^

Another guy, though. I overheard him during a class a month or so ago and was intrigued by what he was saying. Like, practically supervillain-inclined.
*gigglesnort*
Obviously not that level. :P But I was interested in that, and I've started to notice him more, in classes in which I didn't know I had him because I didn't know him, and that kind of thing. And once we had to do a short, in-class project and he asked me if I wanted to be his partner. I said yes, but we weren't flirting or anything. It was kind of cool, with amino acids and we saw my DNA--
*coughs discreetly* Anyway...
But that's pretty much the boy sitch. Except for--
*rolls eyes*
Yeah, anyway. Sorry. Oh, and I had a dream that the second boy kissed me. On the cheek, but I was happy in my dream.
Of course, that was the night after I dreamed I was making out with Edward of Twilight.
Erm. He just looked like Edward. And we were flirting, not making out.
...

Okay, totally different subject. Online fanfiction awards, how about? The Kim Possible fandom at fanfiction dot net has annual awards-- this is only the fourth-- that I just missed when I signed up. I had five or six nominations, which for a beginning writer is quite a lot! But because the finalists are measured by the bulk of each nomination, I got knocked out right away. I was disappointed because I wanted to have a Fannie to my name--
Oh, please. Don't make me spout out one of those terrible puns.
--But my new story was nominated for the best work in progress at the Horrible awards, so I'm still hoping for that, though the KP one was my best bet.

And please pay no attention to the italics. I'm not going crazy--
As if you aren't already. As if everyone isn't.
--clinically. I'm just... typing to myself? Sarcastically? And why am I referring to myself as a separate entity?
Me I me me myself me... Happy?
Better... I guess... My point is that I'm just acting weird. And maybe putting off doing the dishes. I dunno. But I'm not making new personalities. I just...
Want to be sarcastic at yourself without being self-detrimental?
Ooh, big word. We must be feeling smug tonight.
Gah, just-- just go blog, okay?
You know, maybe I'll stop. This thing seems to be having a bad effect on my mental health.
Am I actually going to post this?
Why not?
...No reason.
Good. I'll just push the "PUBLISH POST" button.
Go ahead.
Maybe I will.
Your loss.

What do you--

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

You are hysterical. That was a lot of fun to read. :)

FanFiction awards? Huh! I've been a member on that site since '06 and I've never heard of any awards... >.>

Also, thanks very much for the comment. I really appreciated it. <3

Donne said...

Ahe, I do my best. :D
(Yeah, yeah, just pretend everything you wrote there was for humor's sake.)

Oh, it's just in the Kim Possible section, and it's pretty informal, just compiled by users of the site. But you write fanfiction? I will look that up! :D

Sure. I've been forgetting this site lately... <.< >.>