Monday, February 16, 2009

News Flash! Self-Ego-Swelling Ahoy!

...That is neither news nor a flash! Well, sort of.

Just wanted to write that Going Against the Grain, my Horrible and Tie Die fanfiction, is now spanning 22 1/2 pages on Microsoft Word and, if its measurements are correct, is 11,761 words long. Since it's not going to be done for a while, I would bet money that it'll be longer than my longest fic (or story, for that matter), which was 12, 457 words long-- plus the text of 12 disclaimers and some author's notes.

8-)

My first "official," original story, three years ago, was under 2000 words long. My first chaptered fanfic, last year, was almost 9000 words long. Someday I hope to be able to write a novel or something-- they're, what, 100,000 or more words?-- so I'm glad to see that I'm building up to that and improving. :D Of course I'm not making the quality suffer, either.

No comments: