Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yahoo! Answers

I just...

It could be that I'm PMS-ing, but...

I like answering questions on there. It's really fun. But lately, well...

For example, I answered a question that said "In college or older and still can't spell a lot correctly? [the title] I just can't get over the fact that most people still spell a lot incorrectly. I learned in probably first or second grade how to spell it and never forgot. I mean there are professors that still spell it ALOT and I just want to scream at them and say it is two words not one. How hard is it really? Even newspapers spell it wrong sometimes. I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine. I can't handle it. I get so mad because it is not that difficult."

I read this as the phrase "a lot" rather than meaning "people cannot spell many things correctly." Apparently, the person meant the latter and awarded me the best answer because, in their own words, "you can't read. I miss spelled it on purpose. If you had read it you would see that I was making a point."

Of course, they now have also misspelled "misspelled," but I didn't point that out. :P

On another question, "What are you? describe yourself . plz descibe ur self !!!" I replied jokingly, "I am a person with a crippling phobia of revealing personal information online.
Oh my goodness! *calls her phobia hotline* GAHHH!"

I added a clarification that no, I was not actually phobic, because there are many that would take me seriously. *rolls eyes* I wasn't expecting to get the Best Answer, but I did, with a rating of only one star and the comment "it funni nd your pic iz even funnier den the whole entire joke," which, translated, I took to mean "That's funny, and your picture is even funnier than the entire joke." This is my picture:



I think it looks like me and is actually flattering.

I know I shouldn't care about rude strangers' opinions of me, but...

...

This is the third time I've cried today.

"People who need people are the happiest people," my foot.

I just got some espresso-flavored dark chocolate, and that seems to help. So did writing this. Thanks.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

People on the internet are stupid. Especially people who can't even take the time to spell things out correctly. Keep that in mind, and feel better!

:( --> :D

Donne said...

Thanks... I've been having a bunch of mood swings... right now is about the best I've felt all day, now that I'm writing. :P

:)